Very few people have the opportunity to experience the awesome and magical beauty of Antarctica first-hand. The Antarctic Attaction aims to re-create the atmosphere and environment of Antarctica providing visitors with an interactive, fun and exciting experience of the "Great White South". You're invited to explore a selection of the Attraction's features.
The Four Seasons:
- Experience the four dramatic seasons which make up a year in Antarctica.
- Feel the chill of winter and watch daylight return as the Antarctic summer approaches after four months of darkness.
- Use interactive technology to find out about the people who live and work in Antarctica today.
- Handle the polar survival clothes they wear, learn about Scott Base, home of Antarctica New Zealand, and view the delightful and zany "Penguin Capers" video.
Snow and Ice Experience:
- Experience Antarctic conditions first-hand .. even on a hot summer's day! Slide down a snow slope, explore a snow cave, feel icy wind-chills, or just let your body tingle with the exhilaration of being in Antarctic temperatures!
The Antarctic Storm:
- Check out our latest interactive experience - a real Antarctic Storm blowing every 30 minutes inside the snow & ice experience.
- Experience a new world of extreme wind chill and cold.
- Jackets and footwear provided.
- Have the mysteries of Antarctica revealed to you.
- Learn about the Antarctic Treaty, transportation to and from Antarctica, the ozone layer plus the wildlife and their natural habitat.
- Stroke a leopard seal and observe live Antarctic fish in the aquarium.
Camp Site and Snow Mobile:
- How do people survive on Antarctic field trips? Look inside a polar tent, climb aboard the skidoo, or have your photo taken in front of a unique Antarctic vista.
The Great White South:
- Enter this spell-binding 14-min audio visual show, a "never to be forgotten" experience!
- The spine-tingling images and moving sounds create a hushed atmosphere where you are visually transported to Antarctica.